At West Leederville Primary School we believe homework is most effective when it is related to the learning program. Homework can be beneficial in developing self discipline and preparing children in becoming independent workers.
- to facilitate the achievement of learning outcomes.
- part of a developmental learning program that is responsive to individual needs and clearly relevant, supported by classroom practice.
- disassociated from any form of punishing students or means of securing discipline.
- to support the development of the student’s independence as a learner.
- to further the partnership between school and home.
- to avoid dependence on unreasonable levels of parental assistance or resources that are not readily available to the student.
- to be set without impinging on reasonable time for family, recreational, cultural and employment pursuits relevant to the student’s age, development and educational aspirations.
- the responsibility of students, teachers and parents.